Wednesday 16 September 2009

Thomas' Thoughts on Disney


Disney Princesses?
Originally uploaded by Thomas W-P
I cannot imagine how awful it is in the holidays. The park is heaving and you have to wait around 20 minutes for most rides. I suspect that in August you will be lucky to get on a ride within an hour.

We remain stunned by the obesity here. I fear I see the UK's future. I remember being in the USA and being shocked at all the fat people, but that is exactly what we see now in the UK. Disney has fat families in electric carts being hoisted from cart to ride and back again. They are the minority of course but there are a lot of them.

You also see older kids being pushed around in strollers (9-10?). Harriet has done without a push chair for two days now and she's done fine.

We are not too offended by the food or its cost. I suspect that for the average American it is expensive, but for us, fresh from the UK it seems fair enough. For the volumes they produce it is edible enough.

As for the park itself, it is, indeed, quite good fun. The rides have got the kids going apart from Mickey's Big Wheel (or whatever) that scared Abigail so much that she screamed in genuine terror throughout and Tamsin was pretty upset. Harriet was too in her own way! I was baby-sitting Elizabeth on the same wheel, but in a fixed carriage - and she still sobbed thoughout. I am glad we were not near Tamsin's cage, I suspect I would have found it torture to hear them. Harriet had a bad day. The 3D Bug's Life film terrified her.

We all like the runaway train (as we call it - Thunder Mountain??) and will try to make it to that tomorrow. We also liked shooting Zurg and the 3D Toy Story ride. We have failed to see Tinkerbell a few times now - it is a massive wait. At least 30 minutes. The girls are keen to tough it out tomorrow. I hope it is worth it.

I have nothing to say about It's a Small World.

No comments: