Sunday 6 July 2008

Raised beds and sunflowers

Mum asked me why I was building raised beds today. Good question. I think it is because they are aesthetically pleasing and that I enjoy the process of building them. Anyway, here is the design and the progress so far. I have got faster and faster at sawing and chiselling but have also been conducting experiments on how much more comfortable it is to hit a chisel vs your knuckle. Ouch.

The vision:


Progress:


More progress (the only downer is that I seem to have ordered too much wood. I got a bit confused whilst juggling the maths and a 2 year old...):

I am embarrassingly pleased with them so far. I hope they fit! Still lots of work to do on the top garden before they can be put in their final resting place.


We also put in the family sunflowers. We each have one and the tallest wins.

No comments: